I've been avoiding this inevitability.
After a solid 2 years of stability in the staff department, Cheerfully Made is losing TWO of our best cheerleaders to higher education.
I literally could NOT be more jealous of the adventures they're both about to have.
I might even be persueded to give up both my first AND second born to be able to go back to the days of having my own shitty little apartment with sarongs and twinkle lights hanging from the ceiling... and meeting new lifelong friends... and learning new things...and thinking life was soooooo stressful when, oh lawwwwd what I wouldn't give to have that exact amount of stress right now.
But I digress.
We're hiring. And, no bones about it, here's what we're looking for:
- Naturally cheerful. (Because, seriously.)
- Creative and also totally ok with constructive criticism. Like, I want you to make suggestions for new window displays, but I also want to be able to tell you if they stink without making you cry.
- Sharp and quick witted. You would be SHOCKED at what customers will ask sometimes. Shocked.
- Someone who takes both direction and initiative. I want to be able to drop off a box of new products and be confident that, if I don't have time to do it, you will figure out a solution for how to display it instead of just leaving it for me on Monday. Because done is usually better than perfect and I can edit it later if I'm feeling micromanagerial.
- Able to lift heavy things like boxes full of candle wax, or Unicorn Fart lip balms. We order that crap by the bushel full.
- Able to troubleshoot basic computer issues. For example, the WiFi is a necessary evil and a constant disappointment.
- Happy to work evenings, weekends and holidays. Ecstatic even.
- Passionate about Almonte. A big part of our job here at Cheerfully Made involves tourism. It's important that our employees know and care about Downtown (and uptown!) Almonte and are able to share that knowledge with our customers. What you don't know, we'll teach you!
- A flexible team player. It is not uncommon that I ask my staff to help me out at extracurricular activities like craft markets, workshops, late night shop events and more. I am looking for someone who is happy to take on additional tasks and shifts (for pay, obvs) and is keen to help out in a pinch. This works both ways and I am always happy to accommodate when life gets in the way as well.
- Comfortable talking on the phone (God forbid).
- Someone who actually wants to work. I have heard the phrase "no one will ever care about your business more than you do" more times than I can count and, although it's entirely fair if that's true, I would sure love to hire people who could meet me half way. I have a lot of experience and ideas to share and I would just be so so sooooo excited to work with someone who is interested in learning a thing or seven about small business ownership and customer service. I'll stop now. ;)
THE TITLE: Sales Associate
Roles and responsibilities include:
Opening and closing the shop / Offering extraordinary and enthusiastic customer service / Managing and balancing the till / Receiving and inputting new product into our system / Merchandising /
We are looking for two part time staff members to share the load of the following shifts:
Weekdays 3pm to 6pm / Saturdays 10am to 5pm / Sundays 11am to 4pm / and occasional holidays.
This job is perfect for students or the young at heart looking for retail work with the potential for growth. I am SUUUUUPER fun to work for. Ask anyone. Almost anyone.
We will be setting up brief, 10 minute interviews Monday August 21st and Tuesday August 22nd between 11:30am and 1pm.
If you wish to be considered, please send an email along with your resume and interview availability to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will book you an interview time.
If you have already sent us a resume, still email us. We can dig it up from our files and books an interview!